That Smp Server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
That Smp Server

welcome to that smp server, the server that you will play on for the rest of your minecraft days.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Server Problems

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr_Mr_Mr
Admin
Mr_Mr_Mr

Server Problems Empty
PostSubject: Server Problems   Server Problems Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 4:05 pm

Sometimes I have server problems and all it says is "Connecting to server" then after awile it says "Connection: Timed out." and it's not just me veng has the same problem too.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Server Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Problems   Server Problems Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 5:00 pm

im pretty sure this is normal because it happens to me too. As long as it doesnt happen very frequently it shouldnt be something to worry about
Back to top Go down
https://thatsmpserver.forummotion.com
Shortsonfire79
Shortsonfire79

Server Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Problems   Server Problems Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 10:04 pm

In general, could we get a time frame of when the server will be up, and down? At the CST zone?
Back to top Go down
Mr_Mr_Mr
Admin
Mr_Mr_Mr

Server Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Problems   Server Problems Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 10:09 pm

Shortsonfire79 wrote:
In general, could we get a time frame of when the server will be up, and down? At the CST zone?
I'll make a poll to vote on that tomorrow
Back to top Go down
Shortsonfire79
Shortsonfire79

Server Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Problems   Server Problems Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 10:14 pm

I just timed out too. I think SirFlap's computer shut off. Lame... Its only 9:15 PST. Sad
Back to top Go down
melting
melting

Server Problems Empty
PostSubject: Computer Shutting Off   Server Problems Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 1:03 pm

Unfortunately, Flap can't be at home 24/7 keeping the server running. It's just not fair. I know it's annoying, but it's something we'll all have to live through until the server is web posted.
Back to top Go down
melting
melting

Server Problems Empty
PostSubject: Computer Shutting Off   Server Problems Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 1:03 pm

Unfortunately, Flap can't be at home 24/7 keeping the server running. It's just not fair. I know it's annoying, but it's something we'll all have to live through until the server is web posted.
Back to top Go down
Mr_Mr_Mr
Admin
Mr_Mr_Mr

Server Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Problems   Server Problems Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 1:03 pm

I lost connection again and can't get in, did you turn the server off? I'm thinking that's what it is.
Back to top Go down
melting
melting

Server Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Problems   Server Problems Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 1:04 pm

Yes he is at lax practice. It just ended so expect the server to be up in about 20 minutes
Back to top Go down
Mr_Mr_Mr
Admin
Mr_Mr_Mr

Server Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Problems   Server Problems Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 1:06 pm

melting wrote:
Yes he is at lax practice. It just ended so expect the server to be up in about 20 minutes
Thanks melt:D
Back to top Go down
smarty218
smarty218

Server Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Problems   Server Problems Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 1:07 pm

How much money would web posting take?
Back to top Go down
melting
melting

Server Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Problems   Server Problems Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 1:07 pm

Mr_Mr_Mr wrote:
melting wrote:
Thanks melt:D
No problem Very Happy
Back to top Go down
melting
melting

Server Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Problems   Server Problems Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 1:08 pm

smarty218 wrote:
I think it can be very expensive. Something like $100 a month
Back to top Go down
smarty218
smarty218

Server Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Problems   Server Problems Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 1:12 pm

melting wrote:
smarty218 wrote:

Hmmm.... that would take some significant donations....
I'm going to college next year so I don't have much money to spare.
I just can't see that kind of money being generated every month, let alone every year, with the current number of players.
I think web-posting may have to wait until the server has a larger base of active players.
Back to top Go down
melting
melting

Server Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Problems   Server Problems Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 1:39 pm

smarty218 wrote:
melting wrote:
smarty218 wrote:

I just can't see that kind of money being generated every month, let alone every year, with the current number of players.
I think web-posting may have to wait until the server has a larger base of active players.
I definitely agree, it will take many significant donations. We need to increase the user base before we do, or it will cost Chode, Peng, and Flap a good amount of money.
Back to top Go down
smarty218
smarty218

Server Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Problems   Server Problems Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 1:44 pm

melting wrote:
smarty218 wrote:
melting wrote:
smarty218 wrote:

I definitely agree, it will take many significant donations. We need to increase the user base before we do, or it will cost Chode, Peng, and Flap a good amount of money.

Agreed. After all, our admins have already done so much for us, it would be quite awful of us to dump the entire cost of operations on them as well.
Back to top Go down
melting
melting

Server Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Problems   Server Problems Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 1:52 pm

smarty218 wrote:
melting wrote:
smarty218 wrote:
melting wrote:
smarty218 wrote:

Agreed. After all, our admins have already done so much for us, it would be quite awful of us to dump the entire cost of operations on them as well.
I completely agree
Back to top Go down
Shortsonfire79
Shortsonfire79

Server Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Problems   Server Problems Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 11:57 am

melting wrote:

You don't need to be home to keep the server running. True you'll need some admin on while its up, which can't be found all the time.
But he could set his computer to not shut down automatically, that would keep the server up indefinitely, or until he shuts it off manually.
Back to top Go down
Shortsonfire79
Shortsonfire79

Server Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Problems   Server Problems Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 5:26 pm

Just curious, how is the update on the server going? I had a great idea the other day, and I'd love to try it out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Server Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Problems   Server Problems Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Server Problems
Page 1 of 1